My Med Spa Blog
Posts for: January, 2019
Wrinkles, prominent fold lines, and sagging skin can all decrease your confidence and make you look older than you feel. Juvederm injections offered by Dr. Christopher Sesslar of Spa Medicca, your Dayton, OH, medspa, can help you rejuvenate your appearance.
What is Juvederm?
Juvederm is an injectable dermal filler that plumps up your skin, minimizing the appearance of lines and wrinkles. The filler is made of hyaluronic acid, a natural substance produced by your body. Juvederm addresses the natural loss of volume that occurs as you age. As your face loses volume, you may notice sagging and more prominent lines and folds.
How Can Juvederm help me?
Your Dayton doctor may offer several types of Juvederm, each designed to address distinct problem areas. Depending on the type, results may last one to two years. Injections at contain lidocaine, a local anesthetic, to ensure that your treatments at our medspa are pain-free.
The injections can be used to:
- Address Loss of Volume in Your Cheeks: Adding Juvederm to your cheeks lifts them, thereby reducing sagging and the wrinkles that can occur as a result of sagging.
- Soften Nasolabial Fold Lines: Nasolabial fold lines that extend from your nose and mouth tend to become more noticeable the older you get. Luckily, Juvederm offers a simple way to make the lines much less prominent.
- Improve the Appearance of the Undereye Area: Loss of volume also affects the tear troughs (aka the undereye area). As volume decreases the area begins to look wrinkled and sunken. In response, Juvederm not only plumps your tear troughs but also smooths the wrinkled skin.
- Minimize Scars: Scars can be the unpleasant results of acne, and they remain for years after you last had a breakout. However, thanks to Juvederm, it's easy to plump up depressed scar tissue. Juvederm is effective for shallow scars but may not be the best treatment for deeper ones.
- Erase Creases: Your doctor can also use Juvederm to fill creases between your eyes and around your nose.
- Increase Lip Size: Thinning lips are an unfortunate consequence of aging. Juvederm restores the natural volume of your lips, helping you look younger.
Are you ready to try Juvederm at your local medspa? Call Dr. Christopher Sesslar of Spa Medicca in Dayton, OH, at (937) 312-9212 to schedule your appointment.