My Med Spa Blog
Posts for tag: Juvederm
Wrinkles, prominent fold lines, and sagging skin can all decrease your confidence and make you look older than you feel. Juvederm injections offered by Dr. Christopher Sesslar of Spa Medicca, your Dayton, OH, medspa, can help you rejuvenate your appearance.
What is Juvederm?
Juvederm is an injectable dermal filler that plumps up your skin, minimizing the appearance of lines and wrinkles. The filler is made of hyaluronic acid, a natural substance produced by your body. Juvederm addresses the natural loss of volume that occurs as you age. As your face loses volume, you may notice sagging and more prominent lines and folds.
How Can Juvederm help me?
Your Dayton doctor may offer several types of Juvederm, each designed to address distinct problem areas. Depending on the type, results may last one to two years. Injections at contain lidocaine, a local anesthetic, to ensure that your treatments at our medspa are pain-free.
The injections can be used to:
- Address Loss of Volume in Your Cheeks: Adding Juvederm to your cheeks lifts them, thereby reducing sagging and the wrinkles that can occur as a result of sagging.
- Soften Nasolabial Fold Lines: Nasolabial fold lines that extend from your nose and mouth tend to become more noticeable the older you get. Luckily, Juvederm offers a simple way to make the lines much less prominent.
- Improve the Appearance of the Undereye Area: Loss of volume also affects the tear troughs (aka the undereye area). As volume decreases the area begins to look wrinkled and sunken. In response, Juvederm not only plumps your tear troughs but also smooths the wrinkled skin.
- Minimize Scars: Scars can be the unpleasant results of acne, and they remain for years after you last had a breakout. However, thanks to Juvederm, it's easy to plump up depressed scar tissue. Juvederm is effective for shallow scars but may not be the best treatment for deeper ones.
- Erase Creases: Your doctor can also use Juvederm to fill creases between your eyes and around your nose.
- Increase Lip Size: Thinning lips are an unfortunate consequence of aging. Juvederm restores the natural volume of your lips, helping you look younger.
Are you ready to try Juvederm at your local medspa? Call Dr. Christopher Sesslar of Spa Medicca in Dayton, OH, at (937) 312-9212 to schedule your appointment.
Part of growing older means getting used to the progressively noticeable lines and wrinkles being etched in our faces while we lose all signs of former youth. But did you know that you don't have to make that same depressing trip down the path of growing old?
At Medicca medspa, Dr. Christopher Sesslar has many people turning their sights to Juvéderm® treatment for a more youthful appearance that proves why looks can get better with age! That's because Juvéderm is an injectable filler that smooths and softens existing age lines in patients' face, and is trusted to help make the indentations along their mouths disappear so their lips appear fuller and younger.
Benefits Of Juvéderm®
Juvéderm is similar to Botox because both are proven medspa solutions for unwanted wrinkles and age-related issues involving the skin's appearance. Check out a few of the specific benefits Juvéderm treatments at Medicca can bring your aging face below:
- non-invasive, non-surgical
- restores skin's volume
- hydrates the skin
- smooths out:
- age lines
- nasolabial folds (also known as smile lines)
- crow's feet
- forehead lines
- Results last as long as a full year
- Dr. Sesslar uses topical lidocaine (a local anesthetic) for increased patient comfort
How It Works
Juvéderm comes in the form of a unique gel that's made with hyaluronic acid, a natural protein and the leading ingredient in its youth-giving results. Dr. Sessler injects the gel into patients' facial muscles, with each treatment typically only needing 15 minutes to complete (though this time reference may vary depending on how many injections are given). Results can be noticed immediately.
Because hyaluronic acid isn't synthetic, it is naturally absorbed into the facial muscles, and doesn't carry as large a risk for causing allergic reactions in patients.
If you're one of the many people in the Dayton, OH, area who's unhappy with what aging's done to your face already, then it's time you checked out Juvéderm at Dr. Sessler's medspa by dialing (937) 312-9212 today!