My Med Spa Blog
Posts for category: Dermatology Treatments
How Botox Can Help You
We've all seen the photos of celebrities in their 40's, 50's and beyond who appear seemingly ageless, with glowing skin, bright eyes and crease free foreheads. For many, the secret to a youthful visage is Botox. The good news is the injectable treatment isn't just available to the rich and famous -- you can freshen up your face and erase your creases right here in Centerville and Dayton at Spa Medicca. Let us help you look natural yet fresh faced with Botox.
What can botox do for me?
Everyone has creases and wrinkles in their faces which are particularly apparent when we smile, frown, raise our eyebrows or squint our eyes. These lines are natural, but as we age and our skin loses elasticity they can deepen and make us appear aged.
Botox uses a chemical called acetylcholine which prevents wrinkle-inducing muscle contractions so your fine lines and wrinkles appear less obvious. Targeted Botox injections can help alleviate the laugh lines which extend from your nose to mouth, the creases between your eyebrows, the worry lines on your forehead and the crow's feet at the outer corner of your eyes. Don't worry about looking frozen-faced or unnatural -- the specialists at our Centerville office, serving Dayton, are skilled at administering the right dose of Botox so you look naturally great.
How is Botox administered?
Botox injections can be done in just minutes at our Centerville, OH, office that also serves Dayton, OH, and require no anesthesia. Your specialist will use a syringe with a small needle and pain should be minimal. You will likely see results in a few days, and can expect the Botox treatment to last up to six months. While Botox may decrease the depth of your creases beyond that time, the injections are not permanent and you will need follow up doses to maintain your results.
If you are yearning to look youthful, well rested, and incredible, call Spa Medicca in Centerville, OH, also serving Dayton, OH, at (937) 312-9212 for a consultation on Botox.
Pamper your skin and enhance the way you look with a specialty facial treatment.
Despite the large number of DIY skin remedies and over-the-counter face masks, sometimes there are issues that you just have to turn to the pros to improve and treat. No matter whether you are looking to reduce acne or get firmer skin, our Dayton, OH, medspa doctor, Dr. Christopher Sesslar, can provide facials to meet your skincare needs.
Here are just some of the top facial treatments we offer at our Dayton office:
Science of Youth Facial
Just as the name suggests, this facial can help repair those early signs of aging and help tighten skin by stimulating the production of collagen and elastin. Our age-reversing antioxidant mask can help keep your skin supple and hydrated while also reducing the appearance of dark spots, fine lines, and other signs of sun damage.
Oxygen Infusion Therapy
Are you looking to get glowing, radiant skin? If you said “yes” then you may want to consider getting an oxygen facial. This treatment provides intense hydration to the face and neck, while infusing it with botanicals, minerals, vitamins, and nutrients. This treatment also promotes collagen production, which can improve skin’s firmness and youth.
Whether you are looking to smooth away those early signs of aging, wanting to make your skin more radiant and supple, or wishing to heal acne, oxygen infusion facial therapy may be the therapeutic treatment you’ve been looking for.
This resurfacing facial treatment exfoliates the outer surface of the skin, removing bacteria, oil, dirt, and dead skin cells with citrus enzymes and a diamond-tipped, skin-polishing tool known as a dermafile. Once the skin has been exfoliated, Dr. Sesslar’s Esthetician will apply a blueberry and hyaluronic acid mask to provide intense hydration for luminous results.
Interested? Give Us a Call
Spa Medicca in Dayton, OH, is ranked in the top 1 percent of the US for top cosmetic dermatology treatments including Botox and Coolsculpting. If you are interested in getting a signature facial treatment or if you have questions about the other cosmetic services we offer, call our medspa today at (937) 312-9212 to schedule a consultation.
How laser treatments from our Med Spa can help you
There are many different types of laser treatments, all offering benefits to your skin. If you haven’t discovered lasers yet, it’s time to learn more about them and how laser treatment can benefit you. Dr. Christopher Sesslar and the Med Spa professionals at Spa Medicca in Centerville, OH, offer all of the latest skincare therapies and products, including laser treatment. Spa Medicca proudly serves the residents of Centerville and Dayton, OH, and they can help you too!
More about laser treatment
Lasers are a state-of-the-art tool with many applications in the world of medicine, dentistry, and dermatology. They offer a level of comfort and precision that can’t be matched by conventional tools. These are just a few of the ways lasers are used at our Dayton-area office:
- Laser hair removal, which hinders the production of hair follicles; Laser hair removal gets rid of unwanted hair from areas of your face, your bikini line, and even from larger areas like your back and legs.
- Laser tattoo removal, which removes unwanted tattoos layer by layer, until you are left with smooth, clear skin.
- Laser skin resurfacing, which smooths your skin, giving you a more youthful, even skin tone; laser skin resurfacing can also diminish the scars and discolorations that result from acne, giving you clear skin.
Laser treatment is popular for good reason. When you choose laser treatment, you will enjoy these important benefits:
- Comfortable results with minimal to no side effects or downtime
- Quick results with changes visible even after just one appointment
- Safe results because lasers have been rigorously tested and approved for use
Interested? Give us a call
These are just a few of the many types of laser treatments and benefits available to you from Spa Medicca. To schedule your consultation, just pick up your phone and call the doctors here at our Dayton-area office. Dial (937) 312-9212 today!
Botox is a popular cosmetic treatment that offers a simple way for people to look younger without the use of plastic surgery. Read on to learn how Dr. Christopher Sesslar of Spa Medicca in Dayton, OH, helps his patients improve their appearance through this amazing procedure!
Should I choose Botox?
Botox injections paralyze the muscles that are used to make facial expressions, such as squinting and frowning. When these muscles don't contract, your skin relaxes and becomes smoother, thus minimizing the appearance of lines and wrinkles. You'll begin to notice a difference in your skin about a week after your treatment, although it may take up to two weeks to see the full effects of the injections.
Botox results typically last three to four months, although scheduling regular follow-up injections with your Dayton doctor can help you maintain your results.
Botox may be a good choice for you if:
- You want to look younger: Botox offers an excellent way to diminish noticeable lines and wrinkles that make you look older. Although it's very effective in treating fine lines and wrinkles, it's not the best option for deep wrinkles.
- You look tired or angry: Wrinkles and lines, particularly those that develop on your forehead or between the eyes, can make you look as if you're exhausted or perpetually in a bad mood. Botox smooths forehead furrows and "11" lines between your eyes, giving your appearance a noticeable boost.
- You have crow's feet: Crow's feet, those fine lines that fan out from the corners of your eyes, contribute to the aging effect. Luckily, botox injections can make the lines much less obvious.
- You don't like the way your mouth looks: Botox also improves the appearance of fine lines around your mouth, softens nasolabial fold lines that extend from your nose to your mouth and minimizes marionette lines that bracket either side of your mouth.
- You're in good health: As long as you're healthy, Botox may be a good option for you!
Banish fine lines and wrinkles with Botox! Call Dr. Christopher Sesslar of Spa Medicca in Dayton, OH, at (937) 312-9212 to schedule an appointment.
Wrinkles, prominent fold lines, and sagging skin can all decrease your confidence and make you look older than you feel. Juvederm injections offered by Dr. Christopher Sesslar of Spa Medicca, your Dayton, OH, medspa, can help you rejuvenate your appearance.
What is Juvederm?
Juvederm is an injectable dermal filler that plumps up your skin, minimizing the appearance of lines and wrinkles. The filler is made of hyaluronic acid, a natural substance produced by your body. Juvederm addresses the natural loss of volume that occurs as you age. As your face loses volume, you may notice sagging and more prominent lines and folds.
How Can Juvederm help me?
Your Dayton doctor may offer several types of Juvederm, each designed to address distinct problem areas. Depending on the type, results may last one to two years. Injections at contain lidocaine, a local anesthetic, to ensure that your treatments at our medspa are pain-free.
The injections can be used to:
- Address Loss of Volume in Your Cheeks: Adding Juvederm to your cheeks lifts them, thereby reducing sagging and the wrinkles that can occur as a result of sagging.
- Soften Nasolabial Fold Lines: Nasolabial fold lines that extend from your nose and mouth tend to become more noticeable the older you get. Luckily, Juvederm offers a simple way to make the lines much less prominent.
- Improve the Appearance of the Undereye Area: Loss of volume also affects the tear troughs (aka the undereye area). As volume decreases the area begins to look wrinkled and sunken. In response, Juvederm not only plumps your tear troughs but also smooths the wrinkled skin.
- Minimize Scars: Scars can be the unpleasant results of acne, and they remain for years after you last had a breakout. However, thanks to Juvederm, it's easy to plump up depressed scar tissue. Juvederm is effective for shallow scars but may not be the best treatment for deeper ones.
- Erase Creases: Your doctor can also use Juvederm to fill creases between your eyes and around your nose.
- Increase Lip Size: Thinning lips are an unfortunate consequence of aging. Juvederm restores the natural volume of your lips, helping you look younger.
Are you ready to try Juvederm at your local medspa? Call Dr. Christopher Sesslar of Spa Medicca in Dayton, OH, at (937) 312-9212 to schedule your appointment.