My Med Spa Blog
Posts for category: Dermatology Treatments
How laser treatments from our Med Spa can help you
There are many different types of laser treatments, all offering benefits to your skin. If you haven’t discovered lasers yet, it’s time to learn more about them and how laser treatment can benefit you. Dr. Christopher Sesslar and the Med Spa professionals at Spa Medicca in Centerville, OH, offer all of the latest skincare therapies and products, including laser treatment. Spa Medicca proudly serves the residents of Centerville and Dayton, OH, and they can help you too!
More about laser treatment
Lasers are a state-of-the-art tool with many applications in the world of medicine, dentistry, and dermatology. They offer a level of comfort and precision that can’t be matched by conventional tools. These are just a few of the ways lasers are used at our Dayton-area office:
- Laser hair removal, which hinders the production of hair follicles; Laser hair removal gets rid of unwanted hair from areas of your face, your bikini line, and even from larger areas like your back and legs.
- Laser tattoo removal, which removes unwanted tattoos layer by layer, until you are left with smooth, clear skin.
- Laser skin resurfacing, which smooths your skin, giving you a more youthful, even skin tone; laser skin resurfacing can also diminish the scars and discolorations that result from acne, giving you clear skin.
Laser treatment is popular for good reason. When you choose laser treatment, you will enjoy these important benefits:
- Comfortable results with minimal to no side effects or downtime
- Quick results with changes visible even after just one appointment
- Safe results because lasers have been rigorously tested and approved for use
Interested? Give us a call
These are just a few of the many types of laser treatments and benefits available to you from Spa Medicca. To schedule your consultation, just pick up your phone and call the doctors here at our Dayton-area office. Dial (937) 312-9212 today!
Botox is a popular cosmetic treatment that offers a simple way for people to look younger without the use of plastic surgery. Read on to learn how Dr. Christopher Sesslar of Spa Medicca in Dayton, OH, helps his patients improve their appearance through this amazing procedure!
Should I choose Botox?
Botox injections paralyze the muscles that are used to make facial expressions, such as squinting and frowning. When these muscles don't contract, your skin relaxes and becomes smoother, thus minimizing the appearance of lines and wrinkles. You'll begin to notice a difference in your skin about a week after your treatment, although it may take up to two weeks to see the full effects of the injections.
Botox results typically last three to four months, although scheduling regular follow-up injections with your Dayton doctor can help you maintain your results.
Botox may be a good choice for you if:
- You want to look younger: Botox offers an excellent way to diminish noticeable lines and wrinkles that make you look older. Although it's very effective in treating fine lines and wrinkles, it's not the best option for deep wrinkles.
- You look tired or angry: Wrinkles and lines, particularly those that develop on your forehead or between the eyes, can make you look as if you're exhausted or perpetually in a bad mood. Botox smooths forehead furrows and "11" lines between your eyes, giving your appearance a noticeable boost.
- You have crow's feet: Crow's feet, those fine lines that fan out from the corners of your eyes, contribute to the aging effect. Luckily, botox injections can make the lines much less obvious.
- You don't like the way your mouth looks: Botox also improves the appearance of fine lines around your mouth, softens nasolabial fold lines that extend from your nose to your mouth and minimizes marionette lines that bracket either side of your mouth.
- You're in good health: As long as you're healthy, Botox may be a good option for you!
Banish fine lines and wrinkles with Botox! Call Dr. Christopher Sesslar of Spa Medicca in Dayton, OH, at (937) 312-9212 to schedule an appointment.
Wrinkles, prominent fold lines, and sagging skin can all decrease your confidence and make you look older than you feel. Juvederm injections offered by Dr. Christopher Sesslar of Spa Medicca, your Dayton, OH, medspa, can help you rejuvenate your appearance.
What is Juvederm?
Juvederm is an injectable dermal filler that plumps up your skin, minimizing the appearance of lines and wrinkles. The filler is made of hyaluronic acid, a natural substance produced by your body. Juvederm addresses the natural loss of volume that occurs as you age. As your face loses volume, you may notice sagging and more prominent lines and folds.
How Can Juvederm help me?
Your Dayton doctor may offer several types of Juvederm, each designed to address distinct problem areas. Depending on the type, results may last one to two years. Injections at contain lidocaine, a local anesthetic, to ensure that your treatments at our medspa are pain-free.
The injections can be used to:
- Address Loss of Volume in Your Cheeks: Adding Juvederm to your cheeks lifts them, thereby reducing sagging and the wrinkles that can occur as a result of sagging.
- Soften Nasolabial Fold Lines: Nasolabial fold lines that extend from your nose and mouth tend to become more noticeable the older you get. Luckily, Juvederm offers a simple way to make the lines much less prominent.
- Improve the Appearance of the Undereye Area: Loss of volume also affects the tear troughs (aka the undereye area). As volume decreases the area begins to look wrinkled and sunken. In response, Juvederm not only plumps your tear troughs but also smooths the wrinkled skin.
- Minimize Scars: Scars can be the unpleasant results of acne, and they remain for years after you last had a breakout. However, thanks to Juvederm, it's easy to plump up depressed scar tissue. Juvederm is effective for shallow scars but may not be the best treatment for deeper ones.
- Erase Creases: Your doctor can also use Juvederm to fill creases between your eyes and around your nose.
- Increase Lip Size: Thinning lips are an unfortunate consequence of aging. Juvederm restores the natural volume of your lips, helping you look younger.
Are you ready to try Juvederm at your local medspa? Call Dr. Christopher Sesslar of Spa Medicca in Dayton, OH, at (937) 312-9212 to schedule your appointment.
Has your skin lost its usual glow? A facial can alleviate dullness and improve the texture and condition of your skin. Centerville, OH's Spa Medicca, headed by Dr. Christopher Sesslar, offers a variety of facials that will help repair and restore your skin.
How can facials improve my skin?
Cleansing is an important part of your facial, but the treatment involves much more than simply washing your face. Before your treatment begins, the esthetician will evaluate your skin and create a treatment that addresses your specific concerns. The first step in the facial process is Exfoliation, a treatment that gently sloughs away dead skin cells that dull your complexion, The treatment unclogs blocked pores, makes wrinkles a little less noticeable, reduces the size of large pores and prepares your skin to absorb serums and moisturizers.
After exfoliating your skin, your esthetician will use a special tool to remove whiteheads and blackheads, if necessary. Next comes the massage, one of the aspects of facials that Centerville clients particularly enjoy. The massage improves lymph drainage, increases blood circulation, reduces puffiness, increases collagen production, improves skin elasticity, and helps relax your facial muscles.
Your treatment will conclude with the application of masks, moisturizers, serums, and other products. These products add moisture to your skin, which minimizes the appearance of fine lines and makes your skin feel smooth and soft.
What types of facials are best?
Your esthetician may recommend one or more of these popular facial treatments:
- Youth Facial: The facial is designed to restore collagen and elastin, tone facial muscles, reduce sun damage signs, improve moisture. and even protect your skin from the damaging effects of the sun's rays.
- Oxygen Infusion Therapy: An airbrush oxygen machine infuses oxygen, peptides, and hyaluronic acid into your skin, reducing wrinkles and plumping your skin.
- Aqua Facial: The Aqua Facial is an excellent choice if you're concerned about signs of aging, lines, wrinkles, rough skin texture, or enlarged pores. The treatment includes a light chemical peel, hydradermabrasion, and oxygen infusion.
Interested? Call today!
Are you ready to schedule your facial treatment? Call Centerville, OH's Spa Medicca, headed by Dr. Christopher Sesslar, at (937) 312-9212 to schedule your appointment.
Could Botox be exactly what you need to revitalize your appearance?
Do you hate those crow’s feet that dance along your eyes? Do deep forehead wrinkles make you look frustrated and unhappy? Do you hate that laugh lines have burrowed deep around your mouth? These are issues that everyone deals with as they get older; however, there is a simple solution that could smooth away some of these lines and wrinkles in just a matter of moments. Dr. Christopher Sesslar, in Dayton, OH here to tell you about Botox.
Fight Lines and Wrinkles Without Surgery
Most people assume that they will have to undergo serious or even invasive cosmetic procedures in order to get rid of lines and wrinkles. This is simply not true. While Botox isn’t right for all wrinkles, it can be a simple, non-invasive, and non-surgical way to smooth away dynamic lines and wrinkles on the forehead, around the eyes and mouth, and neck.
A Fast Procedure, No Recovery Time
Most people have busy schedules and can’t take time out to get an hours-long treatment or take days off work to recover. If this sounds like you, chances are good that you haven’t gotten the cosmetic treatment you want because you haven’t found time in your schedule.
Fortunately, when you choose to get Botox from our Dayton medspa doctor, administering the Botox injections only takes a couple of minutes. Plus, you go about your regular routine immediately after. This is why some patients choose to even get their Botox treatment on their lunch break.
Feed Your Non-Commitment
We know that some cosmetic treatments are a lifelong commitment, and what if you don’t like the results? Of course, our goal as your cosmetic physician is to ensure that you are as happy as possible with your results; however, we know that Botox isn’t ideal for everyone.
Luckily, if you aren’t happy with the way it looks the results are only temporary, fading away over the course of three to four months. Not sure you are ready to commit to more serious cosmetic dermatology? Don’t worry; Botox might just be the perfect option for you.
Boost Your Confidence
Nothing makes you feel tired or grouchy more than lines and wrinkles that make you look tired and grouchy. By instantly smoothing away these facial wrinkles we can give you the refreshed and younger-looking skin you’ve been wanting, which can instantly improve your appearance and skyrocket your self-confidence.
Do you have questions about getting Botox in Dayton, OH? Are you ready to rejuvenate your appearance and get a quick, easy makeover with amazing results? If so, the next step is to schedule a consultation with Spa Medicca.