My Med Spa Blog
Get all the hairy details about laser hair removal treatment.
Noticing that the peach fuzz on your face is a little darker than you would like? Hate having to shave, pluck, tweeze, and wax regularly? If so, laser hair removal may be perfect for you! Read on to learn about the benefits of this treatment from Spa Medicca in Dayton, OH.
How does laser hair removal work?
During your treatment, we will glide a handheld laser over the area or areas you wish to treat. The light from the laser detects the hair’s pigment, which the light then heats up. This heat then damages the follicle and hair bulb to prevent the hair from growing back. The length of treatment will depend on the size of the treatment area, as the face may only take 10 minutes to complete while the back could take up to one hour.
What areas can I treat with laser hair removal?
Laser hair removal can be used just about anywhere that hair grows (pretty convenient, right?). The most popular treatment areas include,
- Upper lip
- Bikini line
When will I see results?
Since hair grows cyclically, this means that one session won’t be enough to remove all the hair. You will need anywhere from 6-12 sessions to see the full results, and you’ll begin to see a difference in about two to three weeks.
Who is a good candidate for laser hair removal?
Most people dealing with unwanted hair can benefit from undergoing laser hair removal. Most laser treatments today are safe and effective for all skin tones and hair types (the hair just needs to be dark enough for the laser to pick up its pigment). A simple consultation with our Dayton, OH, cosmetic doctor will be able to determine whether you are right for laser hair removal.
Contact us today
If you are interested in receiving laser hair removal treatment, then call our office in Dayton, OH, today at (937) 312-9212 to schedule a consultation.
Pamper your skin and enhance the way you look with a specialty facial treatment.
Despite the large number of DIY skin remedies and over-the-counter face masks, sometimes there are issues that you just have to turn to the pros to improve and treat. No matter whether you are looking to reduce acne or get firmer skin, our Dayton, OH, medspa doctor, Dr. Christopher Sesslar, can provide facials to meet your skincare needs.
Here are just some of the top facial treatments we offer at our Dayton office:
Science of Youth Facial
Just as the name suggests, this facial can help repair those early signs of aging and help tighten skin by stimulating the production of collagen and elastin. Our age-reversing antioxidant mask can help keep your skin supple and hydrated while also reducing the appearance of dark spots, fine lines, and other signs of sun damage.
Oxygen Infusion Therapy
Are you looking to get glowing, radiant skin? If you said “yes” then you may want to consider getting an oxygen facial. This treatment provides intense hydration to the face and neck, while infusing it with botanicals, minerals, vitamins, and nutrients. This treatment also promotes collagen production, which can improve skin’s firmness and youth.
Whether you are looking to smooth away those early signs of aging, wanting to make your skin more radiant and supple, or wishing to heal acne, oxygen infusion facial therapy may be the therapeutic treatment you’ve been looking for.
This resurfacing facial treatment exfoliates the outer surface of the skin, removing bacteria, oil, dirt, and dead skin cells with citrus enzymes and a diamond-tipped, skin-polishing tool known as a dermafile. Once the skin has been exfoliated, Dr. Sesslar’s Esthetician will apply a blueberry and hyaluronic acid mask to provide intense hydration for luminous results.
Interested? Give Us a Call
Spa Medicca in Dayton, OH, is ranked in the top 1 percent of the US for top cosmetic dermatology treatments including Botox and Coolsculpting. If you are interested in getting a signature facial treatment or if you have questions about the other cosmetic services we offer, call our medspa today at (937) 312-9212 to schedule a consultation.
The Benefits of Halo Laser Treatment
Halo laser treatment can make you look years younger. Halo is a hybrid fractional laser device that provides laser skin resurfacing to counteract the effects of time. Led by Dr. Christopher Sesslar, Spa Medicca (located in Centerville, OH) offers Halo Laser Treatment to its patients. Read on to learn about the benefits of Halo Laser Treatments.
1. It will release your inner glow. Over time, your skin can lose its youthful glow due to sun exposure and the aging process. Halo laser treatment can bring back your glow. While traditional spa treatments ( massages, facials, etc.) leave your skin feeling clean and hydrated, Halo laser treatment rejuvenates your skin from the inside out. It resurfaces, tightens, and rejuvenizes your skin to help you look and feel younger.
2. It reduces wrinkles and fine lines. Halo laser treatment reduces the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines. Wrinkles and fine lines are caused by a structural breakdown inside the skin. Laser treatment effectively counteracts the breakdown by stimulating the growth of collagen from cells called fibroblasts. Results can be seen immediately after treatment and will continue to improve over time.
3. It minimizes large pores. Some of the causes of large pores include genetics, tobacco use, oily skin, and sun damage. Having enlarged pores can make you feel self-conscious and uncomfortable, especially in social situations. Halo laser treatment is an effective option that will diminish your pore size while also improving the overall appearance of your skin.
4. It improves acne scars. Halo laser treatment can improve the appearance of acne scarring. Halo laser treatment works best for patients under 50 with mild to moderate acne scarring. You may need multiple treatments to see improvement in your skin. It is typical for a patient to need anywhere from 2 to 4 treatments for optimal results.
5. It's a non-invasive treatment. Halo laser treatment is non-invasive, meaning it can be done on your lunch break and downtime is non-existent or minimal. Halo laser treatment is an optimal procedure for those who are seeking quick results and don't want to deal with a lot of downtime.
Ready for an anti-aging makeover? Say yes to Halo laser treatment! Call Spa Medicca at 937-312-9212 today to schedule an appointment for a Halo laser treatment in Centerville, OH. With Halo laser treatment, you will look and feel more beautiful.
How laser treatments from our Med Spa can help you
There are many different types of laser treatments, all offering benefits to your skin. If you haven’t discovered lasers yet, it’s time to learn more about them and how laser treatment can benefit you. Dr. Christopher Sesslar and the Med Spa professionals at Spa Medicca in Centerville, OH, offer all of the latest skincare therapies and products, including laser treatment. Spa Medicca proudly serves the residents of Centerville and Dayton, OH, and they can help you too!
More about laser treatment
Lasers are a state-of-the-art tool with many applications in the world of medicine, dentistry, and dermatology. They offer a level of comfort and precision that can’t be matched by conventional tools. These are just a few of the ways lasers are used at our Dayton-area office:
- Laser hair removal, which hinders the production of hair follicles; Laser hair removal gets rid of unwanted hair from areas of your face, your bikini line, and even from larger areas like your back and legs.
- Laser tattoo removal, which removes unwanted tattoos layer by layer, until you are left with smooth, clear skin.
- Laser skin resurfacing, which smooths your skin, giving you a more youthful, even skin tone; laser skin resurfacing can also diminish the scars and discolorations that result from acne, giving you clear skin.
Laser treatment is popular for good reason. When you choose laser treatment, you will enjoy these important benefits:
- Comfortable results with minimal to no side effects or downtime
- Quick results with changes visible even after just one appointment
- Safe results because lasers have been rigorously tested and approved for use
Interested? Give us a call
These are just a few of the many types of laser treatments and benefits available to you from Spa Medicca. To schedule your consultation, just pick up your phone and call the doctors here at our Dayton-area office. Dial (937) 312-9212 today!
Botox is a popular cosmetic treatment that offers a simple way for people to look younger without the use of plastic surgery. Read on to learn how Dr. Christopher Sesslar of Spa Medicca in Dayton, OH, helps his patients improve their appearance through this amazing procedure!
Should I choose Botox?
Botox injections paralyze the muscles that are used to make facial expressions, such as squinting and frowning. When these muscles don't contract, your skin relaxes and becomes smoother, thus minimizing the appearance of lines and wrinkles. You'll begin to notice a difference in your skin about a week after your treatment, although it may take up to two weeks to see the full effects of the injections.
Botox results typically last three to four months, although scheduling regular follow-up injections with your Dayton doctor can help you maintain your results.
Botox may be a good choice for you if:
- You want to look younger: Botox offers an excellent way to diminish noticeable lines and wrinkles that make you look older. Although it's very effective in treating fine lines and wrinkles, it's not the best option for deep wrinkles.
- You look tired or angry: Wrinkles and lines, particularly those that develop on your forehead or between the eyes, can make you look as if you're exhausted or perpetually in a bad mood. Botox smooths forehead furrows and "11" lines between your eyes, giving your appearance a noticeable boost.
- You have crow's feet: Crow's feet, those fine lines that fan out from the corners of your eyes, contribute to the aging effect. Luckily, botox injections can make the lines much less obvious.
- You don't like the way your mouth looks: Botox also improves the appearance of fine lines around your mouth, softens nasolabial fold lines that extend from your nose to your mouth and minimizes marionette lines that bracket either side of your mouth.
- You're in good health: As long as you're healthy, Botox may be a good option for you!
Banish fine lines and wrinkles with Botox! Call Dr. Christopher Sesslar of Spa Medicca in Dayton, OH, at (937) 312-9212 to schedule an appointment.
This website includes materials that are protected by copyright, or other proprietary rights. Transmission or reproduction of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use, as defined in the copyright laws, requires the written permission of the copyright owners.